Enabling File Indexing for Virtual Machines
You can enable file indexing for a hypervisor at the VM group level.
When you enable file indexing, if the MediaAgent associated with the backup plan or storage policy that is assigned to back up the VM group does not have the software packages that are required for file indexing, Commvault installs those packages automatically.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Virtual machines page appears.
- Click the VM groups tab.
- On the VM groups tab, click a VM group, and then click the Configuration tab.
- In the Settings area, move the File indexing for advanced reporting and search toggle key to the right.
- Editing VM Group Settings for Amazon
- Editing VM Group Settings for Azure
- Editing VM Group Settings for Hyper-V
- Editing VM Group Settings for VMware
Last modified: 5/13/2020 5:04:56 PM