Configure Network Settings for Multi-Tenant CommCell Environment
In a multi-tenanted Commvault environment, tenants often reside in separate networks with one or many firewalls between the clients and the Commvault software.
To permit a secure connection to the shared multi-tenant Commvault platform, a Commvault proxy computer is installed within the service provider's network to direct traffic over accepted ports and protocols.
Before You Begin
Complete the Solution Setup Wizard on the Command Center. The setup wizard creates a placeholder client for the proxy.
- Follow the instructions in Setting Up Network Gateway Connections Using a Predefined Network Topology.
The placeholder client is now configured.
- Install the following Commvault software on the proxy by using any of the methods listed in the Installation Methods.
- File System Agent
- Web Console
- CommCell Console
- During the installation, you must specify a local HTTP or HTTPS port number that the CommServe computer can use to open tunnel connections towards the proxy. For firewall instructions during the installation, see Setting Up Direct Connections from the CommServe Computer to the Client.
- Write down the Tomcat port, because you will use it when you complete the configuration to use the Web Console through the proxy.
- Write down the IIS port number, because you will use it when you publish the CommCell Console URL.
Last modified: 11/26/2019 8:34:50 PM