Uninstalling a Commvault vRealize Plugin Component for VMware
You can uninstall the vRealize data protection plugin or data replication plugin if you are no longer using them, or if you need to deploy a more recent version of one of these plugins.
Before You Begin
This task assumes you have previously installed the Commvault vRealize plugin or one of the following components:
- vRealize Data Protection Plugin
- vRealize Data Replication Plugin
From the VMware vRealize Orchestrator, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Design view.
- Under CommvaultDataProtection, right-click the UninstallCVResources workflow and then select Start workflow.
The Start Workflow / Common parameters page appears.
- Provide the following input information:
- VCAC CAFE Host: Select the vRealize server.
- Property Group: Browse and select the Commvault DataProtection Policy property group.
- Property Definition: On vRealize server, under Administration, expand properties, and then browse and select the Cv Plan, Tenant Name, and Cv Vm Group Name properties.
- Workflow Subscription: Under Tenant Workflow Subscriptions on vRealize Server, browse and select CommvaultDataProtectionEventSubscription.
- Resource Action: Under XaaS Resource Actions, select all Commvault resource actions that were created for the Commvault vRealize plugin deployment, including Commvault data protection actions and data replication actions.
These might include actions such as Backup VM, Backup VM Group, File Level Restore, Restore Full VM, Add VM to Replication Group, Enable Replication, or Disable Replication.
- Click Submit.
- From the Packages view, for each package that has "commvault" in its name, right-click the package and then select Delete element with content.
After you run the workflow and delete packages, the Commvault vRealize plugin and associated resources are removed, but some folders are left behind. If you deploy a new version of the plugin, the new version uses the same folders.
- To refresh views, click the icon in the vRealize Orchestrator title bar.
- Optional: If you are not installing a new version, you can delete the leftover folders and package folders:
- From the Workflows view:
- Right-click CommvaultDataProtection and then select Delete.
- Right-click CommvaultDataReplication and then select Delete.
- From the Actions view, right-click the com.commvault.utils folder and then select Delete.
- From the Resources view, right-click CommvaultIcons and then select Delete.
- From the Workflows view:
- From the inventory, verify that all Commvault entries were deleted by the uninstallCVResources workflow.
Last modified: 8/19/2019 8:22:53 PM