Configuring Agentless File Recovery for Amazon
You can restore files and folders directly to the original instance or a different instance, from streaming or IntelliSnap backups of Windows or Linux instances. The destination instance must be running.
This feature is supported only from Command Center.
You can use a VSA proxy running Windows or Linux.
Before You Begin
The destination instance must be running.
Perform the following operations on the destination instance:
- Install AWS Systems Manager (SSM) on the instance if it is not already installed.
In AWS, SSM is installed by default on instances that run Windows Server 2016 or a more recent version of Windows Server.
For Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2012 R2, SSM is installed by default on instances created from AMIs published in November 2016 or later.
- Attach an IAM role with the AmazonEC2RoleforSSM managed policy to the Amazon instance.
- Install PowerShell Core:
- Install AWS Tools for PowerShell Core:
- To verify that the instance can be used as a destination for agentless file recovery, perform the following steps:
- From the AWS Console, navigate to SYSTEMS MANAGER SERVICES > Run Command.
- Click Run a command.
- From Manage your Instances, click Run a command.
- Select AWS-RunPowerShellScript.
- In the Select Targets by section, click Select instances.
The instances that are displayed can be used as destinations for agentless file recovery.
Last modified: 6/2/2020 2:56:56 PM