Configuring an Alert to Automatically Run the Cloud Storage Archive Recall Workflow
Configure an alert using the Cloud Storage Archive Recall workflow to automatically initiate the workflow to recall data from the archive cloud storage, when a restore job is initiated.
Before You Begin
- Verify the Supported Agents list before configuring the alert. For more information on Supported Agents, see Restoring Data from Archive Cloud Storage Using a Workflow - Support.
- Make sure that the MediaAgent associated with the Cloud Archive Storage libraries have the same Service Pack level as the CommServe server. For more information on viewing the version information, see Viewing the Service Pack Details for One or More Clients.
- Deploy the Cloud Storage Archive Recall workflow. For more information on deploying the workflow, see Deploying a Workflow.
- Ensure that the workflow is deployed by an user with the necessary permissions needed to deploy and execute a workflow. For more information on user permissions, see User Security Permissions - Workflow.
- If the workflow is already deployed, verify that the latest version of the workflow is deployed. For more information on the workflow version, see Viewing Workflow Version History.
If the workflow is a older version, re-deploy the workflow. For more information on deploying a workflow, see Deploying a Workflow.
- To recall data from Amazon Glacier to S3, make sure that the user associated with the bucket has the
RestoreObjectpermission. For more information on POST Object restore, see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/RESTObjectPOSTrestore.html.
Add an alert to run the Cloud storage archive recall workflow to recall data from Archive Cloud Storage products as follows:
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click Home and then click Alert, and then click Configure Alerts.
- From the Alerts dialog box, click Add.
- Type the alert name in the Display Name box.
- Select Job Management from the Category pane, and select Data Recovery from the Type pane, and then click Next.
- Select the appropriate agents from the Agent Type pane, and the associated client from the Association pane, and then click Next.
- Select the Agent from the Agent pane and then navigate to the client and select the backupset containing subclients that backup data to the supported Archive Cloud Storage platforms in the Association pane. Click Next.
TIP: As the workflow gets triggered for ALL restore jobs, select the following entities to avoid running the workflow unnecessarily:
- Agents that support the Cloud Storage Archive Recall workflow. For more information about the list of Agents supporting the workflow, see Restoring Data from Archive Cloud Storage Using a Workflow - Support.
- Agents with subclients pointing to the cloud archive storage.
- Select Job Started as the Alert Criteria.
Make sure to clear the check box associated with all other options.
- Click the Workflow tab on the Notification Type(s) Selection window.
- Click the Select [Workflow] for notification option and enable the option.
- Select Cloud storage archive recall workflow, from the Workflow to run list.
- Select the client computer on which the workflow will run, from the Run Workflow on list.
- Optionally, modify the following options for the specific storage vendors and click Next.
Amazon Glacier or S3 Glacier Using Life Cycle Rule
No. of days to keep the recalled data in Amazon S3 after the recall.
Default is set to 3 days.
The recall mode that must be used to recall data. Default is set to 0, which is Standard mode. Valid values are:
0 - Standard
1 - Expedited
Note: Expedited mode will incur additional costs.
2 - Bulk
For more information on the recall modes, see http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/RESTObjectPOSTrestore.html.
Note: Deep Archive does not support the Expedited recall mode.
Azure Archive Storage
Valid values are:
true - (default selection) To indicate that the data recalled from the archive should be automatically moved back to archive storage after the restore.
false - To indicate that the data should not be automatically moved back to archive storage. (Use this option if you plan to manually move the data.)
- If you have selected email notification, on the Users and User Groups Selection window, select the users who should receive the email alert, and click Next.
- Verify the Summary and click Finish.
Last modified: 6/20/2019 8:51:36 PM