Running the Cloud Storage Archive Recall Workflow On-Demand
Run the Cloud Storage Archive Recall workflow on-demand to recall data from the archive cloud storage, for a restore job.
Before You Begin
- Verify the following support information before running the workflow:
- Make sure that the MediaAgent associated with the Cloud Archive Storage libraries have the same Service Pack level as the CommServe server. For more information on viewing the version information, see Viewing the Service Pack Details for One or More Clients.
- Deploy the Cloud Storage Archive Recall workflow. For more information on deploying the workflow, see Deploying a Workflow.
- This workflow is included in the Commvault software and will be listed under the Workflows node in the CommCell Browser.
- Ensure that the workflow is deployed by an user with the necessary permissions needed to deploy and execute a workflow. For more information on user permissions, see User Security Permissions - Workflow.
- If the workflow is already deployed, verify that the latest version of the workflow is deployed. For more information on the workflow version, see Viewing Workflow Version History.
If the workflow is a older version, re-deploy the workflow. For more information on deploying a workflow, see Deploying a Workflow.
- To recall data from Amazon Glacier Glacier/Deep Archive or Combined Tier Storage Classes, make sure that the user associated with the bucket has the
RestoreObjectpermission. For more information on POST Object restore, see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/RESTObjectPOSTrestore.html.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Workflows.
- Right-click the Cloud Storage Archive Recall workflow and then click All Tasks > Execute.
The Cloud Storage Archive Recall dialog box will be displayed.
- From the Run workflow on list, select the engine to use to execute the workflow and then provide values for the workflow inputs.
If you select Any, the workflow engine with the latest deployed version of the workflow is used.
- In the Backup JobId box, enter one of the following:
- If the agent supports the recall based on the Backup Job Id, enter the Backup Job ID that you are trying to restore from.
- If you want to run the workflow for the restore job other than the agents that support recall based on backup job, enter the backup job id.
- Optionally, modify the following options for different storage vendors:
Amazon Glacier/Deep Archive or Combined Tier Storage Classes
No. of days to keep the recalled data in Amazon S3 after the recall.
Default is set to 7 days.
The recall mode that must be used to recall data. Default is set to 0, which is Standard mode. Valid values are:
0 - Standard
1 - Expedited
- Expedited mode will incur additional costs.
- Deep Archive does not support the Expedited recall mode.
- If the Expedited mode is selected, the re-hydration request will be prioritized over the Standard requests, and may finish in under 1 hour.
2 - Bulk
For more information on the recall modes, see http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/RESTObjectPOSTrestore.html.
Note: Deep Archive does not support the Expedited recall mode.
Azure Archive Storage
Auto-archive recalled files on restore job completion
When data is recalled from Microsoft Azure Storage, it will be recalled from archive to hot storage class. Data must be moved back to archive, once the restore job completes successfully. For more information on moving the recalled data, see, Moving the Recalled Data From Archive to Hot Storage Class for Microsoft Azure Storage.
The recall mode that must be used to recall data. Default is set to Standard Priority. Valid values are:
- Standard Priority
- High Priority
Note: If High Priority is selected, the re-hydration request will be prioritized over the Standard requests, and may finish in under 1 hour.
For more information see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/storage-blob-rehydration
- Click OK.
The User Inputs dialog box will be displayed.
- From the Select Copy/Copies list, select the storage policy copy from which the data must be recalled and click OK.
The Note dialog box will be displayed with information on the Total Files to be recalled and the list of MediaAgents used for performing the recall.
- Click Yes to continue.
If required, click the Change MediaAgent button to select the MediaAgent from which the recall must be initiated.
A Cloud Storage Archive Recall job will be started and displayed in the Job Controller window. The job will complete once all the required files are recalled.
Note: Job may not complete if there is a service restart on the CommServe computer. Make sure to re-submit the job if there is a service restart.
The recall process may take some time, depending on the Archive Cloud Storage platform from which the recall is initiated. For example, Amazon S3 may take 8+ hours, Microsoft Azure 12+ hours, etc.
What to Do Next
Once the cloud recall workflow is complete, perform a Browse and Restore operation using the Backup Job ID.
Last modified: 8/20/2020 4:10:21 PM