Scheduling a Report on the Command Center
You can create schedules that automatically generate and email reports to specific users on a recurring basis.
Only users who either created the report schedule or who have ownership of the report schedule can edit, disable, or delete the report schedule.
If you want to send a report to an executive or someone who does not want to open a separate attachment, you can embed the report in an email body. Only the first 250 rows of each table appear in reports that are embedded in an email. These shorter tables provide a high-level summary of the information and improve readability. The row restriction also guarantees that the email remains a reasonable size for most inboxes.
The Email body option is not available for reports that are built using Data Cube or other Data Analytics reports.
For reports embedded in an email body, you can increase the maximum number of rows that appear in each table using an additional setting. For instructions, see Configuring the Number of Rows for Reports That are Embedded in Emails.
- From the navigation pane, click Reports.
The Reports page appears.
- Click a report.
The report appears.
- At the top-right of the report, click More actions > Schedule.
- In the Name box, type a name for the scheduled report.
- Beside Format, select an output format for the report:
- Email body
- In the Email Recipients box, enter the email addresses for the users who you want to email the report to.
- To save the reports to a location on your network, select Save to network location, and then configure the location settings:
- In the Network Path box, type the location where you want to save reports.
- In the Username and Password boxes, type a user name and password that can access the network path location that you specified.
- From the Locale list, select the language for the report.
- Beside Frequency, select the frequency for generating and sending the report, such as Daily, Weekly, or Monthly, and then configure the settings that appear at the bottom of the dialog box.
- In the Time box, type or select the time of day that you want the report to generate.
- In the Time zone box, select the time zone to use for generating the report.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 8/6/2020 8:03:30 PM