Configuring the Cassandra Commit Log Options
You can configure the software for Cassandra commit log backup operations and restore operations.
In order to protect the commit logs, you need the following software:
- Cassandra 3.0 or higher
- Commvault Service Pack 12 or higher on the Cassandra client
Before You Begin
Configure the Cassandra Nodes so that the Commvault software can discover if the Cassandra configuration supports commit log backups. For more information, see Configuring Cassandra Nodes.
- From the CommCell Bowser, right-click Client Computers > Client> Big Data Apps.
- Right-click the instance, and then click Properties.
The Instance Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, configure the commit log options.
- Select the Enable Commit Log Backup check box.
- In the Archive Log Path box, type the path to the folders where the software archives the commit logs, such as /comm or /opt/test.
- In the Archive Command box, type the archive command. There following options are available:
- cp: This command copies the commit log to the archive log path.
- ln: This command creates a hard link to the commit logs in the archive path.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 4/25/2019 8:19:15 PM