Adding a Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor
Add a Red Hat Virtualization (RHV) hypervisor to support data protection operations for all virtual machines hosted or managed by the hypervisor.
Before You Begin
- Install the Virtual Server Agent (VSA) on a dedicated virtual machine (proxy) on each Red Hat cluster. You can install the VSA on other virtual machines to create one or more additional proxies on any cluster.
- Obtain the following information from your Red Hat administrator:
- Host name for the RHEV Manager host.
- Admin user credentials for the RHEV Manager host.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Virtual machines page appears.
- On the Hypervisors tab, click Add hypervisor.
The Add hypervisor page appears.
- For Select vendor, select Red Hat Virtualization.
- For RHEV Manager, enter the name of the RHEV Manager host.
- For Hypervisor name, type a descriptive name for the hypervisor.
- Enter host or account information:
- User name: Enter the user name for account with administrator privileges on the RHEV Manager.
- Password: Enter the password for the user account.
- From the Access node list, select a previously deployed proxy that is a virtual machine in the same data center.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 3/9/2020 2:44:18 PM