Deleting Mailbox Items, Folders or Messages
Applies to: User Mailbox, Journal Mailbox, ContentStore Mailbox
Administrators can delete mailbox items such as folders, contacts, calendar entries, and messages. Administrators can view the delete history in the audit trail report in the CommCell Console.
Before You Begin
- The administrator must have the Delete Data capability on the subclient where the Exchange mailbox is configured in the CommCell Console.
- Archive operations must have run on the user mailbox.
- In the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Exchange.
The Exchange page appears.
- Click the Exchange client that contains that mailbox or folder that you want to delete, and then click Restore.
The page with the mailbox display name appears in the folder view.
- You can do the following:
- To delete a folder, expand the mailbox, and then select the check box for the folder name. Click Delete.
- To delete a message, expand the mailbox and the folder, and then select the check box for the message. Click Delete.
- To delete the entire mailbox, select the check box for mailbox, and then click Delete > Selected Items.
- To bulk delete messages, do the following:
- Expand the mailbox and the folder, apply the search filters on the Search tab, and then click Search. For more information, see Search Filters.
- Click Delete, and then select Items in current page or Items across all pages.
A message prompts you to confirm the deletion.
- Click Yes.
Note: Messages deleted by the administrator in the Command Center are not visible by the end user in the Web Console, but messages deleted by the end user can be viewed by the administrator by selecting Include deleted items and are marked with a icon.
- The delete operation deletes the messages or the folder permanently.
- You cannot view deleted items from the Command Center or the CommCell Console.
- You can view deleted emails from Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Web Access (OWA). The stubbed emails that were deleted cannot be recalled from Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Web Access (OWA).
Last modified: 4/15/2021 3:02:40 PM