Setting Up a One-Way Direct Connection (Client to Server) Using a Predefined Network Topology
You can create a network topology instance in which members of one client group can connect to members of another client group.
Use this configuration on environments in which the client initiates connections to one or more of server computers, such as the CommServe computer or a MediaAgent.
Before You Begin
- Verify that the client groups that you want to use in the network topology instance are already defined in the CommCell Console or the Command Center.
- You must have Administrative Management permissions on the client groups that you plan to use in the network topology instance.
- Note the following regarding port requirements:
- Tunnel port: Default = 8403 (CVD port plus 3) should be open on DMZ servers/infrastructure machines. If you want to change the default tunnel port, see Updating Incoming Ports on Client Computers.
- Optional port: Default = 8400 (CVD port).
- Servers and laptops should be able to open connections to the DMZ servers/infrastructure machines on the tunnel port.
- From the Command Center navigation pane, go to Manage > Network > Network Topologies.
The Network topologies page appears.
- Click Add topology.
The Add topology dialog box appears.
- In the Name field, enter a name for this instance of a one-way direct connection.
- For Client type, select the type of client to include in the topology:
- If the clients are servers, select Servers.
- If the clients are laptops that need to connect to servers, select Laptops.
- From the Topology type list, select One-way.
- Select the infrastructure servers group and the DMZ server group:
* If the Client type is set to Servers, do the following:
- From the Servers list, select the infrastructure server group that will initiate connections with members of the DMZ servers group.
- From the DMZ servers list, select a server group that will receive connection requests from members of the Servers group.
* If the Client type is set to Laptops, do the following:
- From the Laptops list, select the group that will initiate connections with members of the infrastructure machines group.
- From the Infrastructure machines list, select a group that will receive connection requests from members of the laptops group.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 6/19/2020 7:45:55 PM