Setting Up a Two-Way Direct Connection Using a Predefined Network Topology
You can create a network topology instance in which members of either client group can connect to members of the other client group.
Before You Begin
- Verify that the client groups that you want to use in the network topology instance are already defined in the CommCell Console or the Command Center.
- You must have Administrative Management permissions on the client groups that you plan to use in the network topology instance.
- Note the following regarding port requirements:
- Tunnel port: Default = 8403 (CVD port plus 3) should be open on both sides. If you want to change the default tunnel port, see Updating Incoming Ports on Client Computers.
- Optional port: Default = 8400 (CVD port).
- Both DMZ servers/infrastructure computers and servers/laptops should be able to open connections to each other on the tunnel port.
- From the Command Center navigation pane, go to Manage > Network > Network Topologies.
- The Network topologies page appears.
- Click Add topology.
The Add topology dialog box appears.
- In the Name field, enter a name for this instance of a two-way direct connection.
- For Client type, select Servers.
- From the Topology type list, select Two-way.
- From the Servers list, select the server group that will initiate connections with members of the Infrastructure machines group.
- From the Infrastructure machines list, select the a server group that will initiate connections with members of the Servers group.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 6/19/2020 7:52:19 PM