Running an Automation Test Case from the Web Console
From the Web Console, you can run agent automation test cases on a client to create a report based on the results of the test case.
The options that are presented to you in the End User Automation form depend on the type of client that you select and whether that client has multiple backup sets and subclients. If the client only has one backup set or subclient, then that backup set or subclient is automatically selected and you will not be prompted to select the backup set or subclient.
Before You Begin
- Prior to running an automation, you must first create and configure backup sets and subclients for the client on which you want to run the automation.
- You must log in to the Web Console with a user that has the master role.
- Log in to the Web Console.
- Click Forms > End User Automation > OK.
- From the Client list, select the client on which you want to run automation, and then click OK.
- From the Automation Controller list, select the test automation client to run the automation.
- Optional: To send the automation report to a different email address, in the Email box, enter the email address.
Tip: You can enter multiple email addresses as a comma separated list.
- Click OK.
- If you selected to run automation on the CommServe client, then you are prompted to select a Product. From the Product list, select Agent, and then click OK.
- If you selected a client with multiple agents, then from the Agent list, select an agent to use, and then click OK.
- If you selected a client with multiple backup sets, then from the Backup Set list, select a backup set to use, and then click OK.
- If you selected a client with multiple subclients, then from the Subclient list, select the subclient to use, and then click OK.
- From the Select Test Set list, select the test set that contains the test cases that you want to run, and then click OK.
- From the Select Test Cases list, select the test cases that you want to run, and then click OK.
Note: By default, all of the test cases in the test set are selected.
- If the test cases require you to input data, then you are prompted to enter the input data. Enter the required input data, and then click OK.
After the test case is complete, you will receive an email at the email address that you provided that contains the automation report with the subject, ContentStore Automation Report and the names of the agents that you selected.
Last modified: 11/8/2018 3:20:12 PM