Managing Oracle RAC Subclients
You can create Oracle RAC subclients that contain the data that you want to protect.
The subclient content can contain any of the following data:
- Data and logs
- Data only
- Logs only
- Data subset, for example tablespaces
- Data subset and logs
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases.
The Instances page appears.
- On the Instances tab, from the View list next to Instances, select Oracle RAC.
The Instances page for Oracle RAC appears.
- Click the instance.
The instance page appears.
- In the Subclients section, click Add subclient.
The Add subclient dialog box appears.
- In the Subclient name box, type the subclient name.
- Under Backup configuration, determine the plan or policies to use for the backup operations. Perform the following operations:
- To use a server plan, move the Use backup plan toggle key to the right, and then from the Plan list, select a server plan.
- To use a storage policy and a schedule policy, move the Use backup plan toggle key to the left, and then from the Storage policy list and the Schedule policy list, select a storage policy and a schedule policy.
- Select the data to include in the backup. Make one of the following selections.
- To back up an online database, select the Data backup check box, and then select Online.
- To back up an online database subset, select the Data backup check box, and then select Online subset.
- To back up an offline database subset, select the Data backup check box, and then select Offline.
- To back up the database logs, clear the Data backup check box, and then select the Archive log backup check box.
- If you chose to include the logs in the backup, select the Delete archive logs check box to have the software delete the logs after a successful backup.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 11/7/2019 4:00:35 PM