Performing Oracle RAC Backups
You can back up Oracle RAC databases, log files, or Oracle RAC datafiles and tablespaces. You can back up the database when it is online or offline. If the database must be accessible and you have a small backup window, then run a series of online backups for different database portions.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases.
The Instances page appears.
- To select an instance, on the Instances tab, click the instance name.
The instance properties page appears.
- To select a subclient, in the Subclients section of the Overview tab, click the subclient name.
The subclient properties page appears.
- On the subclient Overview tab, click Back up.
The Select backup level dialog box appears.
- Select the backup level for the backup operation:
- To perform a full backup operation, select Full.
- To perform an incremental backup operation, select Incremental.
- To perform a cumulative backup operation, select Incremental, and then select the Cumulative check box.
- To receive an email message when the backup operation is complete, select the When the job completes, notify me via email check box.
- Click OK.
The Backup started dialog box appears.
- Optional: View the job details. Click the job ID.
- Optional: To view the RMAN log for the backup job, click View RMAN Log.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/23/2021 1:55:32 PM