Editing VM Group Settings for vCloud
For an existing VM group, you can modify options that affect backups.
- From the navigation pane, go to Solutions > Virtualization.
The Hypervisors tab appears.
- Click the hypervisor.
The hypervisor page appears. The VM groups area displays summary information for any existing VM groups.
- Click a VM group.
The VM group details page appears.
On the Configuration tab, the Settings area shows settings that are used to back up the instances in the VM group.
- You can select the following options directly in the Settings area:
- To identify changed blocks and back up only those blocks during incremental backups, select the Use changed block tracking option.
- To automatically identify VM owners based on vCenter and vCloud settings, select the Auto detect VM owner option.
When that option is selected, the following users and groups are assigned as VM owners:
- Owner of the vApp or catalog that contains the VM
- All users who have Full Control permissions to the vApp or catalog that contains the VM
- All users and groups that are assigned the Organization Administrator role
- To collect file and folder metadata during backups, select the Collect file details option.
Use this option when creating a copy for tape storage, because file and folder information is required when recovering files from tape.
- To change other options in the Settings area, click Edit.
- In the Edit options dialog box, provide the following information:
- No. of readers: Set the number of readers to control how many parallel read operations can be launched during backups.
- Virtual machine backup type: Choose one of the following options:
- File system and application consistent: An application consistent backup quiesces the file system and applications while performing the backup.
- Crash consistent: A crash consistent backup takes a point-in-time snapshot of virtual machine data without quiescing.
- To modify the plan or policy associated with the VM group, click Edit in the Plan area or the Policies area.
The name of the area depends on whether the VM group was defined to use a backup plan that was created in the Command Center or a storage policy that was created in the CommCell Console. You cannot change that selection for an existing VM group, but you can select a different plan or policy, as follows:
- When editing the Plan setting, you can select a plan that was previously defined in the Command Center.
- When editing the Policies setting, you can make the following changes:
- From the Storage policy list, you can select a storage policy that was previously defined in the CommCell Console or a plan that was defined in the Command Center.
- Optional: You can select a schedule policy that was previously defined in the CommCell Console.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 5/31/2019 7:24:20 PM