Backing Up a SharePoint Database
You can back up the SharePoint databases using the Commvault software. After running the first full backup operation, you can schedule differential backup operations at regular intervals.
You can run a backup operation either from the default subclient or from a user-defined subclient.
- From the navigation pane, click Protect > Applications > SharePoint.
The SharePoint servers page appears.
- Click a SharePoint server.
The selected SharePoint server page appears.
- In the Contents section, click Databases.
The Databases page appears.
- In the Subclient section, click a subclient that you want to back up.
The subclient page appears.
- On the Configuration tab, in the Backup section, click Backup now.
The Backup options dialog box appears.
- Select to run a full, or a differential backup. Click OK.
- Optional: To view the backup job details, in the Backup section, click Jobs. Then, click the job ID to view job summary.
A backup job is created. You can monitor the job progress, kill the job, or suspend the job. For information about monitoring all the jobs in the Command Center environment, see Jobs.
Last modified: 10/22/2019 5:15:24 AM