Installing Service Packs On the Standby CommServe Host and SQL Clients
Service packs or hot fix packs can be installed in both the production and standby CommServe hosts.
Before You Begin
- Download the Commvault service pack (or hot fix pack). For instructions, see Downloading Software Using the CommCell Console.
- Review Prerequisites for Service Pack Installations Using the CommCell Console.
- Install the service pack on the Production CommServe host. For more information on installing service packs on the production CommServe hots, see Installing a Service Pack on the Production CommServe During a Maintenance Failover.
- Install the service pack on the SQL clients (or Instance002) in both the production and standby CommServe hosts.
Note: In the standby CommServe host, the installation automatically installs the service pack on the CommServe client (or Instance001).
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Tools tab, click Add/Remove Software > Install Service Pack and Hotfixes.
- In the Install Service Pack and Hotfixes Options dialog box, select the SQL clients from both the production and standby CommServe hosts.
- Determine whether you need to select some of the installation options provided in the dialog box. For information about the options, see Install Update Options (General).
- Click OK.
- An Install Updates job will be started. You can monitor the progress of the job from the Job Controller window.
- For detailed information on installing service packs, see Installing the Service Pack Remotely Using the CommCell Console.
- If the service pack installation fails in the CommServe client, manually install the service pack on the Standby CommServe host. For more information on manually installing the service pack, see Manually Installing Service Packs On the Standby CommServe Host.
Last modified: 7/11/2019 6:41:05 PM