Offloading the Application Manager Service to a Client
In a typical environment, the Application Manager service runs on the CommServe computer. The Application Manager service provides access to server and client configurations for local and remote processes. To increase the scalability of your environment, you can offload the Application Manager service by installing the Application Manager Node package on a different client, and then configuring a computer group to use the Application Manager Node client as the Application Manager services host.
After you configure a Application Manager Node client, also called the Application Manager Service Lite node, for a computer group, all of the clients in that computer group will interface with the Application Manager Service Lite node when calling the Application Manager service instead of the CommServe computer. You can use the same Application Manager Service Lite node for multiple computer groups, or you can deploy Application Manager Node on multiple clients for increased scalability.
Before You Begin
- You must have installed the Application Manager Node package on the client that you want to configure as the Application Manager Server Lite node in the client group. For more information, see Installing Application Manager Node.
- The Application Manager Server Lite node will only handle services for clients in the client group that have Version 11 Service Pack 15 or later installed.
- In the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computer Groups, right-click the client computer group that you want to configure, and then click Properties.
- In the Client Group "Client computer group name" dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
- In the Application Manager Service Lite section of the Advanced tab, click the Application Manager Service Lite list, and then select the client that you want to configure.
Note: Only clients with the Application Manager Node package installed appear in the Application Manager Service Lite list.
Tip: You can use the search bar to search for the name of the client that you want to select.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 12/18/2018 2:39:32 PM