Installing Feature Releases on the Standby CommServe Host and SQL Clients
Install the feature release (formerly "service pack") or the maintenance release (formerly "hot fix pack") on the SQL clients in both the production and standby CommServe hosts. In the standby CommServe host, the installation automatically installs the feature release on the CommServe clients.
- Install the feature release on the Production CommServe host. For more information on installing feature releases on the production CommServe hosts, see Installing a Feature Release on the Production CommServe During a Maintenance Failover.
- From the Command Center, install the feature release or the maintenance release in the Standby Commserve Host and the SQL clients in both the production and standby CommServe hosts as follows:
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Server groups.
- The Server group page appears.
- In the CVLiveSync row, click the Actions icon , and then click Add software.
The Add software dialog box appears.
- From the Select package(s) list, select the packages that you want to install on the servers, and then click OK.
- To allow the servers to reboot if required during installation, move the Reboot if required toggle key to the right.
- Click Install.
- If the feature release installation fails in the CommServe client, manually install the feature release on the Standby CommServe host. For more information on manually installing the feature release, see Manually Installing Feature Release On the Standby CommServe Host.
- For more information about installing feature releases, see Updating Commvault Software on a Server.
Last modified: 1/15/2021 6:23:43 PM