Restoring Sub Sites and Documents
Always browse and restore a document, a sub site, a library, or a list one level higher in the destination. Else, the restore operation might fail.
- Restore a document or a list item to a document library or a list where they need to be restored to.
- Restore a complete document library, a list or a sub site to the root (/) of their current site collection.
- From the navigation pane, click Protect > Applications > SharePoint.
The SharePoint servers page appears.
- Click a SharePoint server.
The selected SharePoint server page appears.
- In the Contents section, click Databases.
The Databases page appears.
- Click Offline browse.
The Offline browse page appears.
- In the SQL instance box, type a name for the SQL instance that has the content database attached to it.
- In the Content database box, type a name for the content database that you want to mine.
- Click View content.
The Offline content page appears.
- Select the sub sites, libraries, or documents, that you want to restore, and then click Restore.
The Offline data restore dialog box appears.
- When trying to restore document versions, you can restore either the latest version or all the available versions.
- Browse shows list item size as 0.
- Complete the following steps to restore the documents:
- Browse to specify the destination path on the SharePoint Server.
- Optional: To restore only the ACL, select the Restore ACLs only check box.
- Click Restore.
Last modified: 11/2/2020 12:44:57 PM