Restoring Site Collections
Always browse and restore a site collection one level higher in the destination. Else, the restore operation might fail.
For example, restore a site collection to a web application where it needs to be restored to.
- From the navigation pane, click Protect > Applications > SharePoint.
The SharePoint servers page appears.
- Click a SharePoint server.
The selected SharePoint server page appears.
- In the Contents section, click Databases.
The Databases page appears.
- Click Offline browse.
The Offline browse page appears.
- In the SQL instance box, type a name for the SQL instance that has the content database attached to it.
- In the Content database box, type a name for the content database that you want to mine.
- Click View content.
The Offline content page appears.
- Select the site collections that you want to restore, and then click Restore.
The Offline data restore dialog box appears.
- Complete the following steps to restore the documents:
- Select Site collection.
- Browse to specify the destination path on the SharePoint Server.
- Click Restore.
Last modified: 10/22/2019 5:22:43 AM