Reinstalling the Standby CommServe Host
The standby CommServe host can be rebuilt if there is a failure, or to migrate to a new hardware.
Before You Begin
Note down the name of the SQL client. It is critical to reinstall the software using this name. (See step 3 in the following procedure.)
- Disable the Failover Transaction Log schedule associated with LiveSync operation.
- If the CommServe host is available:
Uninstall the packages installed in Instance 2 (or the instance with SQL Server Agent and CommServe Failover packages) first, and then uninstall the packages in Instance 1. For more information on uninstalling software, see Retiring a Laptop or Computer.
- Install the packages in the new or rebuilt CommServe host as described in Installing the Standby CommServe Host.
Important: The following important steps must be followed during the installation:
- On the Failover Install Option page, make sure to choose This is a standby node option.
- On the Client Computer Information page associated with the SQL client, make sure to use the same name that was used previously for the production SQL client. (See the Before You Begin section in this page.)
- Enable the Failover Transaction Log schedule associated with LiveSync operation.
- Optional: Verify the setup from the production CommServe host to ensure that the default components are installed and configured properly. For more information on verifying your setup, see Verifying the Default Setup.
Last modified: 9/27/2019 4:10:29 PM