Enabling or Disabling CommServe LiveSync
Enable the CommServe LiveSync feature to facilitate CommServe Recovery Using High Availability CommServe Host.
Before You Begin
- If you have a third-party firewall configured between the Production and Standby CommServe hosts, open the ports required to communicate across these firewalls. For more information, see Setting Up a Standby CommServe Using Port Forwarding Gateway Configuration.
After running the CommServe Port Forwarding Gateway Configuration workflow, you will need to Connecting the Web Server or Workflow Engine to the CommServe Computer for ODBC connections to work.
- Verify that the Status icons in the Process Manager for Production Node and Passive Node(s) are displayed in green in both the Production and Standby CommServe hosts, before enabling the CommServe LiveSync operation. For more information on the icons in Process Manager, see Verifying the Default Setup.
- Open Command Center URL using the following format: http://webhost/adminconsole.
- Enter your user name and password and click Login.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > System.
The System page appears.
- Click the CommServe LiveSync tile.
The CommServe LiveSync page appears.
- On the upper right corner click the Enable toggle key.
- Click Yes in the Confirm Edit prompt.
What To Do Next
Verify the setup from the production CommServe host to ensure that the default components are installed and configured properly. For more information, see Verifying the Default Setup.
Last modified: 6/4/2020 3:27:22 PM