Configuration for Continuous Replication
Continuous replication requires configuration for the source and destination sites.
To configure continuous replication, perform the following tasks:
- Deploy VSA proxies at the source and destination sites.
- Configure VMware hypervisors for the source and destination sites.
Note: The vCenter user account specified for the VMware hypervisors must have administrator privileges that permit the account to install or update VAIO filters, create or update VMware storage policies and attach those storage policies to VMs, and to modify the configuration of destination VMs.
- Install VAIO filters at the source and destination sites.
- Configure a Recovery Point Store (RP Store) on the destination site.
An RP Store is required to support granular recovery.
- Configure a recovery target for the destination site.
- Configure a replication group for continuous replication.
Note: If VM-centric operations using Indexing Version 2 are enabled for a hypervisor, and a VM that is configured for continuous replication has been backed up previously with retention settings that specify aging after a single backup cycle, then the previous backup ages when the VM is included in continuous replication operations, and the older backup is no longer available for restores.
Last modified: 8/4/2020 7:09:44 PM