Installing VAIO Filters
To make VAIO filters available to virtual machines hosted on ESXi servers, install the VAIO filter on the virtualization clients for the source ESX cluster and destination ESX cluster. This operation installs the Commvault plug-in and creates vSphere storage policies: BLRH on the source site and BLRT on the destination site. (You can specify the same site as the source and destination site.)
Before You Begin
- The user account for installs must have administrator privileges.
- By default, the installation bundles (VIBs) for VAIO filters are in the commvault_installation_path/ContentStore/webconsole/downloads/VAIO folder.
Copy installation bundles and make them available at a URL that is always available and is accessible from the CommServe system and vCenter server.
- In System Requirements, see the "Plug-In Installation or Upgrade Requirements" section.
- On the ESX cluster, vSphere High Availability (vSphere HA) must be configured and vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) must be enabled.
Perform the following steps for the source and destination ESX clusters:
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Virtual machines page appears.
- On the Hypervisors tab, click the hypervisor.
The hypervisor page appears.
- In the top right corner of the page, click the menu icon , and then click Install/Upgrade VAIO filter.
The Select destination dialog box appears.
- Select the clusters where VAIO filters should be installed.
When you select an ESX cluster, all hosts in the cluster are selected for VAIO filter installation.
- In the Filter base URL, box, leave the default URL, or enter a different URL for the filter package if you are using a private HTTP server to host Commvault VAIO plug-ins.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 5/7/2020 6:35:33 PM