Adding Windows and UNIX Filters to a Server Group
From the server group page, you can add Windows or UNIX filters (also called exceptions) to exclude files and folders from backups at the group level.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Server groups.
The Server groups page appears.
- Click the server group that you want to configure.
The server group properties page appears.
- In the File exceptions section, click Edit.
The Edit file exceptions dialog box appears.
- In the Windows and UNIX boxes, enter the filter patterns for the items that you want to exclude from backups.
For example, to exclude Windows executable files from backups, in the Windows box, enter *.exe.
For more information about filter patterns and wildcards, see the following topics:
- Click Save.
- To apply the filters to all the subclients in the server group, in the File exceptions section, move the Use group filters on all subclients toggle key to the right.
Last modified: 9/10/2020 10:16:44 AM