Adding Windows and UNIX Filters to a Server Group
From the server group page, you can add Windows or UNIX filters (also called exceptions) to exclude files and folders from backups at the group level.
- From the navigation pane, click Administration > Server Groups.
- In the table on the Server groups page, click the server group name that you want to configure.
- On the Server group name page, in the File exceptions tile, click Edit.
- In the Edit file exceptions dialog box, in the Windows and UNIX boxes, enter the filter patterns for the items that you want to exclude from backups.
For example, to exclude Windows executable files from backups, in the Windows box, enter *.exe.
For more information about filter patterns and wildcard support, see the following topics:
- When finished, click Save.
The new filters appear in the File exceptions tile.
- To apply the filters to all of the subclients in the server group, in the File exceptions tile, ensure that the Use group filters on all subclients option is selected.
Last modified: 12/11/2018 4:37:51 PM