Configuring Windows Event Viewer, SNMP Trap, and SCOM Alert Messages for Reports
You can customize the message that is displayed in alerts that are sent using the Windows Event Viewer, SNMP Simple Network Management Protocol) Traps, and SCOM (System Center Operations Manager).
Alert messages are built using variables. You can edit, delete, and add pieces of information and columns in each message.
- From the navigation pane, click Reports.
The Reports page appears.
- Click a report.
- At the top-right of the table, click Show table menu > Configure alert.
The Add Alert dialog box appears.
- Configure alert conditions, and then select Windows Event Viewer, SNMP Traps, or SCOM Alerts.
- To remove a default field, delete the title and variable.
For example, to remove the alert name from the message, delete Alert Name: <REPORT DISPLAY NAME>,.
- To remove a default column, delete the column name and token.
For example, to remove the data source name, delete Data Source: $Data Source$,
- To add custom text to the message, type the text in the Description box.
For example, to write a statement that explains the purpose of the alert, before the default message content type A user with the Execute Report permission has been added to the User Group "everyone".
- Click Save.
Last modified: 5/30/2019 7:51:20 PM