Changing the Display Name of the CommServe Client
If you want the CommServe client to have a different name displayed in the software management consoles, such as the CommCell Console, Command Center, or Web Console, you can do so by changing the display name of the CommServe client.
- The display name does not change how the software identifies a client for data operations. If you are moving a client to a different CommCell environment or performing a hardware refresh, then you might need to change the client name, instead. For more information, see Changing the Display Name of the CommServe Client.
- For information about changing the display name of a client that is not the CommServe client, see Changing the Display Name of a Client Computer.
- In the Home tab of the CommCell Console ribbon, click Control Panel.
- Under Maintenance, click Name Management.
- In the Name Management Wizard, select Update CommServe Display Name, and then click Next.
- In the CommServe new display name box, enter the new display name, and then click Finish.
Last modified: 12/17/2018 5:52:26 PM