Changing the Display Name of a Client Computer
If you want a client (including a MediaAgent) to have a different name displayed in the software management consoles, such as the CommCell Console, Command Center, and Web Console, you can do so by changing the display name of the client.
- The display name does not change how the software identifies a client for data operations. If you are moving a client to a different CommCell environment or performing a hardware refresh, then you might need to change the client name, instead. For more information, see Changing the Client Computer Name.
- For information about changing the display name of the CommServe client, see Changing the Display Name of the CommServe Client.
- In the CommCell Browser, open Client Computers, right-click the client you want to use, and then click Properties.
- In the Client Computer Properties dialog box, in the General tab under the Client Name section, click Edit display name.
- In the Edit Display Name dialog box, change the value in Display Name to the client's new display name.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 12/17/2018 5:52:54 PM