Creating a Join Data Set
You can combine columns from different types of data sets in the same Join data set. You can then use Join data sets to create charts, tables, or dynamic inputs.
For example, when you create a report, you can create a Database data set and an HTTP data set, and then add columns from both the Database data set and the HTTP data set into a Join data set.
Before You Begin
Create a report with two or more data sets. For instructions, see any of the following topics:
- Creating Data Cube Data Sets
- Creating Database Data Sets
- Creating HTTP Data Sets
- Creating Monitoring Policy Data Sets
- Creating a Script Data Set
- Creating a Shared Data Set
- Log on to the Web Console, and click Reports.
The Reports page appears.
- From the navigation pane, click Configuration > Reports, and next to the Report Name under Actions, click Edit.
The Report Builder page appears
- On the Dataset tab, click Add.
The Add Data Set dialog box appears.
- At the top-right, from the list, select Join Dataset.
- In the Data Set Name box, type a name for the Join data set.
- In the Query box, enter a SQL query that combines fields from both data sets.
The syntax to specify a dataset name inside a SQL Query is :[dataset_name].
For example, the following query lists all of the rows from the data set that is named, "Client List":
SELECT * FROM :[Client List]
- Click Preview to review the query output.
- Optional: Change the display names of the fields that will appear in the Data Sets list. Click the Fields tab, then in each box under Field Name, type a display name for the corresponding Field Source.
- Optional: Select the amount of time that the query will run before it times out. Click the Advanced tab, in the Time Out box, type or select the number of minutes.
- Click Done.
The data set you created appears under Data Sets in the Report Builder.
What to Do Next
- If you are creating a report, see Building and Deploying Reports.
- If you are creating a dynamic input, see Adding Inputs to Reports.
Last modified: 4/4/2019 2:47:08 PM