Best Practices (Indexing Version 1)
Apply the following best practices to obtain the best results with local index storage:
- Use a volume dedicated to the index cache directory, formatted with a block allocation size of 4K.
- Configure antivirus exclusions for Windows and UNIX.
- For Microsoft Windows MediaAgents, disable Microsoft Windows indexing service on the drive. For more information, see Microsoft documentation.
- For Microsoft Windows MediaAgents, do not enable Windows Deduplication on a volume that contains the index cache directory, as this may cause a significant drop in performance and may cause jobs to fail.
- Do not locate the index cache directory on the system drive of the MediaAgent hosting it.
- Do not locate the index cache directory on a compressed drive.
- For best performance, locate the index cache directory on a solid state drive (SSD).
- Do not locate the index cache directory folder directly under the <software_installation_directory>.
- For Unix, do not specify root as the index cache directory.
- When entering the index cache directory path or the index log cache directory path, note the following:
- The path may not exceed a total of 75 characters.
- The path may not contain special characters.
- The path may not contain Unicode characters.
- The path may not contain the word "temp" (for example, c:\Indexcache_temp)
Last modified: 11/2/2020 8:00:10 PM