Configuring Automatic Uploads of Disaster Recovery (DR) Backups to Commvault Cloud Services Portal
You can automatically upload copies of DR backups to the Commvault Cloud Services website.
If you need to rebuild the CommServe server, and both the CommServe server and the destination are unusable — such as after a ransomware attack — you can use the DR backup in the cloud.
- DR backups are uploaded and stored in Microsoft Azure, directly from your CommServe.
- 1 DR backup copy, which includes 1 Full along with the latest Differential copy (if any), is retained in the cloud for 90 days.
For additional information on how DR Backups are stored and managed, see Uploading DR Backups to Commvault Cloud Services Portal.
Before You Begin
Verify the following:
- The CommServe server is in the V11 Feature Release 19 with Maintenance Release Pack 2, or a more recent version.
- The CommServe computer is registered to access Commvault Cloud Services. For more information about registering the CommServe computer, see Registering the Command Center.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > System.
The System page appears.
- Click the Maintenance tile.
The Maintenance page appears.
- Click the DR backup (Daily) tile.
- Click the edit icon .
The DR backup (Daily) page appears.
- Click the Upload backup metadata to Commvault cloud toggle key.
- Click Save.
Whenever a DR backup is performed, a copy of the DR data will be uploaded to the Commvault Cloud Services website. (This is in addition to the network share or local drive specified for DR backups.)
- For information about accessing DR backups on the Commvault Cloud Services website, see Disaster Recovery Backups on Commvault Cloud
- For information about downloading and recovering DR backups, see Retrieving DR Backups From Commvault Cloud Services Portal.
- For detailed information on how DR Backups are stored and managed in the cloud, see Uploading DR Backups to Commvault Cloud Services Portal.
Last modified: 4/17/2020 6:37:32 PM