Configuring a Cloud Library as the Export Destination for Disaster Recovery (DR) Backups
You can setup a cloud library as the export destination for Disaster Recovery (DR) backups.
Before You Begin
- Configure the cloud storage in which you plan to host the DR export destination as a storage device.
For more information about configuring a cloud storage device, see Configuring a Cloud Storage.
Tip: Note down the Library Name associated with the cloud library.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > System.
The System page appears.
- Click the Maintenance tile.
The Maintenance page appears.
- Click the DR backup (Daily) tile.
- Click the edit icon .
The DR backup (Daily) page appears.
- Click the Upload backup metadata to cloud library toggle key.
- From the Cloud library list, select the cloud storage library that must be used to save the DR backups.
Note: Cloud storage libraries using unicode characters are not supported.
The vendor name will be displayed in the Vendor info box.
- Click Save.
The specified export location is saved.
What to Do Next
Make sure to run a Full DR backup job after setting up a cloud storage library as the export destination. If a Differential DR backup job is run or scheduled after setting up the cloud storage library, the backup cannot be restored without a corresponding full backup.
Changing the Cloud Storage Library
Consider the following while changing or switching to another cloud storage library:
- Make sure to run a Full DR backup job.
- The existing DR backup jobs in the original cloud storage library will have to be pruned manually.
Last modified: 11/25/2019 8:44:15 PM