Adding a First Region-Based Storage Rule to a Plan
Region-based storage is a type of plan configuration that defines storage rules based on the region that is associated with a server or a laptop. Servers that are located within the boundaries of a particular region will use the storage configurations of the associated region based storage rule for the plan when backing up their data.
- For the client to use the region-based storage rules, the region in the rule must be the same as the region that is associated with the client.
- When you create a region-based storage rule, the default storage of the plan is used and it cannot be changed. To use a storage other than the default, add an additional region-based rule to the plan.
Before You Begin
All the clients associated with the plan must have a region associated with them. For information about how to edit or assign a region to a client, see Editing the Region Associated with a Client.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Plans.
The Plans page appears.
- In the Plan name column, click the laptop or server plan.
- In the Backup destination section, click Configure region based storage.
The Add rule dialog box appears.
- From the Region list, select the region to associate.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 9/10/2020 5:05:22 AM