Restoring the Entire Instance
You can browse and restore backed up data for an entire instance.
Before You Begin
- From the navigation pane, click Protect > Big data.
The Instances page appears.
- In the Restore column for the instance that you want to restore, click Restore.
The Backup content page appears.
- To select all the data, select the Name check box, and then click Restore.
The Restore dialog box appears.
- Complete one of the following tasks depending on the type of restore operation you are running:
- To perform an out-of-place restore operation, select the Out of place tab, and then select destination instance for the restore operation.
- For an in-place restore operation, the destination instance remains the same as the source instance.
- To have the software invoke the sstableloader to stream data across the cluster nodes, select the Use SSTableLoader tool check box.
Select a staging path that has enough free space to hold the sstables for the instance that you want to restore.
Note: It is mandatory to select the Use SSTableLoader tool check box while performing an out-of-place restore operation.
- You can enable or disable the Recover database option depending on one of the following tasks that you want to perform:
- To restore the data and update the data directory with the restored data, enable the Recover database option.
- To copy the files to the nodes and not update the data directory, disable the Recover database option, and then provide a staging path.
- In the Number of streams box, type the number of streams the software uses to run the restore operation.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 10/21/2019 5:53:58 AM