Microsoft Azure Stack Hub: System Requirements
Azure Stack Hub Version
Commvault software is supported with Microsoft Azure Stack Hub version 2002 and more recent versions.
Note: To protect your Azure Stack Hub virtual machines, you must upgrade your CommCell environment to Commvault version 11.20 (or a more recent release), and you must upgrade all of your Azure Stack Hub virtual machines to Azure Stack Hub 2002 or a (more recent release). Using previous versions of Azure Stack Hub with previous versions of the Commvault software is possible. However, with those previous versions, a known Microsoft issue with snapshots of unmanaged VMs can cause data corruption. To avoid data corruption, you must upgrade both your CommCell environment and your Azure Stack Hub environment.
Virtual Server Agent Proxy Requirements
A physical machine or an Azure Stack Hub virtual machine with the Virtual Server Agent (VSA) installed can act as a VSA proxy to perform backups and restores.
For best results, deploy the VSA proxy and MediaAgent on virtual machines in the Azure Stack Hub cloud.
If you have existing VSA proxies that are used to support Azure Classic or Azure Resource Manager, use different proxies for Azure Stack Hub.
Deploying the VSA proxy on an Azure Stack Hub VM that is compute optimized supports faster backups.
A VSA proxy must meet the following requirements:
- The VSA proxy machine must run one of the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Minimum of 100 GB disk space.
- Minimum of 4 GB RAM, beyond the requirements of the operating system and any other running applications. See Sizes for virtual machines in Azure Stack Hub for more information.
- Install Azure PowerShell and download Azure Stack Hub tools.
- A VSA proxy deployed on a virtual machine in Azure Stack Hub must have a public IP address.
For more information, see System Requirements for Virtual Server Agent with Microsoft Azure Stack Hub.
Last modified: 8/13/2020 2:39:14 PM