Nutanix AHV: System Requirements
You can install the Virtual Server Agent (VSA) on any virtual machine (either inside or outside of the cluster environment) or on any physical machine. The VSA proxy that resides inside the cluster will use the HotAdd data transfer mode and backups will be faster. The VSA proxy that resides outside of the cluster will use the NAS data transfer mode. You can deploy additional VSA proxies as needed for load balancing. For more information, see Transport Modes.
Install the Virtual Server Agent on virtual machines that meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 100 GB of disk space
- A minimum of 4 GB RAM, beyond the requirements of the operating system and running applications
You can deploy the Virtual Server Agent on VMs running the following operating systems:
- Windows proxies
- Windows Server 2019 (including Core Edition)
- Windows Server 2016 (including Core Edition)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (including Core Edition)
For Windows proxies, use the Windows diskpart command to disable automount and set the SAN policy to OfflineAll. If these features are enabled, they interfere with disk HotAdd operations that are performed as part of backup and restore operations.
- Linux proxies
- CentOS 6.6, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 8
- RHEL 6.6, 7.1, 7.4, 7.5, 8
Note: For CentOS 8 or RHEL 8 VMs, to install operating system packages that are required to enable automatic installation of Mono, register the VMs with CentOS or Red Hat.
For more information, see System Requirements for Virtual Server Agent with Nutanix AHV.
Last modified: 12/3/2020 10:57:18 PM