OpenStack: System Requirements
Commvault provides support for the following OpenStack distributions:
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform with the following versions: Train, Stein, Rocky, Queens, Pike, Ocata, Newton, Mitaka, Liberty, Kilo
- OpenStack Community edition running on CentOS - versions 9, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
- Mirantis with the following versions: Kilo, Liberty, Mitaka, Newton, Ocata
- HPE Helion OpenStack 4.0.1 with the following version: Mitaka
- Huawei OpenStack Platform with the following versions: FusionCloud V100R002C00SPC600 (FusionCloud 2.06), FusionCloud 6.3.1, FusionCloud 6.5.0 (Huawei Cloud Stack 6.5.0), FusionCloud 6.5.1 (Huawei Cloud Stack 6.5.1)
- H3C OpenStack Platform with the following version: Mitaka, Pike
- EasyStack Cloud Service (ECS) OpenStack Platform 22.214.171.124-2 with the following version: Newton
When creating a virtualization client, if there are multiple endpoints for the keystone URL, use the keystone URL for the public endpoint.
If cinder volumes are created on a storage array, you must obtain the corresponding licenses (for example, Storage Snapshot and LUN copy).
Support includes all updates for each major version unless an update is specifically excluded.
Note: For Huawei OpenStack Platforms with any version of FusionCloud, you must configure the bEnableFusionCloud additional setting to execute restores. For more information, see Restores for OpenStack.
Virtual Server Agent (Proxy) Requirements
Install the Virtual Server Agent on a Windows or Linux instance in the OpenStack environment.
Only instances that have the VSA installed can act as VSA proxies to perform backups and restores.
At least one proxy is needed for each region. You can deploy additional VSA proxies as needed for load balancing.
The following operating systems are supported for VSA proxies:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- CentOS 7, 8
- RHEL 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, 8
Linux proxies must have the psmisc and lvm2 packages installed.
For CentOS 8 or RHEL 8 instances, to install operating system packages that are required to enable automatic installation of Mono, register the instances with CentOS or Red Hat.
The Virtual Server Agent should be installed on instances that meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 100 GB disk space recommended
- Minimum of 4 GB RAM required beyond the requirements of the operating system and running applications
For Windows proxies, VirtIO version 126.96.36.19900 is supported as a driver for OpenStack backup and restore operations.
For Linux proxies, disable lvmetad.
For more information, see System Requirements for Virtual Server Agent with OpenStack.
Last modified: 4/14/2020 6:41:48 PM