Oracle VM: System Requirements
Install the Virtual Server Agent on a virtual machine in the Oracle VM Manager environment. The following virtual machine types are supported for VSA proxies:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Editions
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Editions
- Oracle Linux 6.x, 7.x
- RHEL 6.x, 7.x, 8
- CentOS 6.x, 7.x, 8
- Both Windows and UNIX proxies must be based on OVM domain type Xen HVM PV drivers.
- Windows proxy machines should be installed with Oracle VM Windows PV drivers version 2.3.2 or later.
- For Linux proxies, disable lvmetad.
- For CentOS 8 or RHEL 8 VMs, to install operating system packages that are required to enable automatic installation of Mono, register the VMs with CentOS or Red Hat.
Only virtual machines that have the VSA installed can act as VSA proxies to perform backups and restores.
At least one proxy is needed.
If a VM resides on a shared repository, the proxy VM must reside on the same repository.
The user account that is used for backups and restores must have administrative privileges for Oracle VM Manager, including the OVM Clone Operation privilege.
For more information, see System Requirements for Virtual Server Agent with Oracle VM.
Last modified: 5/21/2021 2:55:51 PM