vCloud Director: System Requirements
Install the Virtual Server Agent (VSA) on a physical machine, or on a virtual machine in vCloud or VMware. The machine where the VSA is installed can act as a VSA proxy to perform backups and restores.
A VSA proxy must meet the following requirements:
- Run one of the following types of machines:
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and later
- For Linux proxy support, deploy a File Recovery Enabler for Linux (FREL) to serve as a Virtual Server Agent proxy for vCloud. See Configuring a Linux Proxy for vCloud.
- Minimum of 100 GB disk space.
- Minimum of 4 GB RAM, beyond the requirements of the operating system and any other running applications.
If the CommServe software, MediaAgent, and VSA are all installed on the same vCloud VM, provide a minimum of 10 GB RAM.
vCloud Director Supported Versions
vCloud Director 5.1.x, 5.5.x, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 9.0, 9.1, 9.5, 9.7, 10.0, 10.1
For more information, see System Requirements for Virtual Server Agent with vCloud.
Last modified: 9/29/2020 3:12:40 PM