Changing the Indexing MediaAgent for a Backup Set or Subclient
You can change the MediaAgent used for indexing operations for a specific backup set.
If subclient indexing is enabled, you can change the MediaAgent used for indexing operations for a specific subclient.
- When the indexing MediaAgent is changed for a backup set or subclient, the system will not immediately delete the old index database from the original index server. Instead, the original index server will age off the old index database after 7 days, as if it were a secondary index server.
- In order to change a MediaAgent, the new MediaAgent must have read/write access to a mount path in the client storage policy's default library.
- Open the CommCell Console.
- In the CommCell Browser, click Client Computers>client >agent.
- Right-click the backup set or subclient, and then click Properties.
- Click the Index tab.
- Click the Index Server list, and then select the MediaAgent that you want to use for indexing the backup set or subclient.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 4/21/2021 6:14:35 PM