Modifying Override Restriction Settings for a Base Plan
Base plans with override restriction enabled define whether you can override certain settings, such as storage pool and RPO, for derived plans. After you create a base plan with override restrictions enabled, you can modify the override restrictions configured for a base plan.
Before You Begin
You must have created a base plan.
- From the navigation pane, click Manage> Plans.
- On the Plans page, click the name of the base plan.
Note: In the table, the base plans are labeled with base plan.
- On the plan name page, in the Override restrictions tile, click Edit.
- In the Edit override options dialog box, select the Allow plan to be overridden check box.
Important: You cannot clear the allow plan to be overridden option after it is enabled.
- For each option, define how the base plan will interact with plans derived from it.
- Override required: Plans derived from this base plan do not inherit the base plan values for this option.
- Override optional: Plans derived from this base plan can either inherit the base plan values or have different values for this option.
- Override not allowed: Plans derived from this base plan inherit the base plan values for this option.
Note: If you are modifying a setting that was set to Override optional, then you can only change it to Override not allowed. Likewise, if you are changing a setting from Override not allowed, you can only select Override optional.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 11/7/2019 10:28:40 PM