Managing IBM i File System Backup Sets
When you create a new IBM i file system client, a default backup set is created automatically with 7 pre-defined subclients, which manage backup and restore operations for the client.
You can create additional backup sets to provide a separate administration point for a specific group of subclients.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > File Servers > IBM_i_Server.
The IBM i server properties page appears.
- In the upper-right of the page, click the action button , and then click Add backup set.
The Create new backup set dialog box appears.
- In the Backup set name box, type the backup set name.
- From the Plan list, select the plan that the software uses to protect the data.
- To make the backup set the default, select the Make this the default backupset check box.
- Click OK.
The software creates the backup set.
What to Do Next
Create subclients for the data that you want to protect.
Last modified: 3/23/2020 10:41:10 AM