Performing IBM i File System Restores
Restore your backed up data to the original location on the same computer or to a new location on the same computer or a different computer.
Before You Begin
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > File Servers.
The File Servers page appears.
- Click the IBM_i_server.
The IBM_i_server page appears.
- Under Subclients, in the Actions column for the subclient, click the action button , and then click Restore.
The Backup content page appears.
- Choose the content that you want to restore.
- To restore the contents of the entire backup set, select the check box next to Name.
- To restore the contents of a subclient, select the appropriate subclient. You can select multiple subclients at the same time.
- To restore particular files, expand the folder and then select the files.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- From the Destination client list, choose the destination server for the restore.
- Choose the restore location.
- To restore to the original backup location, select the Restore to original folder check box.
- To restore to a new location, clear the Restore to original folder check box, and then in the Destination path box, type the full path to the destination folder.
- To overwrite the existing data, select the Unconditionally overwrite if it already exists check box.
- To use a saved user credentials to access the file system, enable the Impersonate user slider, and then select the credential to use.
- Click Submit.
What to Do Next
You can control or view the job. For more information, see Jobs.
Last modified: 3/23/2020 11:42:45 AM