Performing IBM i File System DR Backups
Back up your IBM i file system data for disaster recovery.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > File Servers.
The File Servers page appears.
- Click the IBM_i_server.
The IBM_i_server page appears.
- Under Subclients, in the Actions column for the subclient, click the action button , and then click Back up.
The Select DR backup level dialog box appears.
- Select the DR backup type:
- To resume the computer after the operation system is captured, click Resume (*STSSBS).
- To use the reboot option, click Reboot (*IPL).
- To leave the computer in restricted state after the DR backup operation and initial program load (IPL) complete, select the Leave the system in restricted state check box.
- Click OK.
After the backup succeeds, the following data is backed up in the format of bootable optical volumes:
- LIC - License internal code.
- OS/400 Objects in QSYS
- User profiles
- Private authorities
- SAVCFG (configuration objects)
- *IBM Libraries (system libraries)
- System libraries with user data: QSYS2, QGPL, QUSRSYS
- Commvault Libraries: CVLIB, CVLIBOBJ
- System files and Commvault files with logs
Last modified: 3/23/2020 11:32:25 AM