Compliance officers can use Case Manager to collect data from specific data sources inside Exchange mailboxes, that are owned by a particular person. Compliance officers can then search this data for relevant electronically stored information (ESI).
How Case Manager Works
When there is a request for ESI regarding a particular person, a compliance officer can use Case Manager to collect the relevant data into a set, called a case. When creating a case, the compliance officer can specify any of the following information:
- The persons of interest in the case, called custodians.
- Which data solutions owned by the custodians, called assets, to include in the case.
- Other compliance officers who may view, search, and edit the case, called reviewers.
- Additional criteria to increase the relevance of ESI in the case.
- Data from an existing review set to include in the case.
After a case is created, compliance officers and reviewers can search the data collected in the case from Case Manager. Other Compliance Search features, such as advanced search options and refinements, can be used with data collected in a case. For more information, see Compliance Search and eDiscovery.
Supported Data Types
- Exchange User Mailbox (Exchange archiving)
- Exchange Journal Mailbox (Exchange journaling)
- Exchange SMTP Contentstore Mailbox (SMTP journaling)
Last modified: 6/9/2020 10:04:36 PM