Performing a Failback Operation
You can switch back to the primary site after a VM fails over.
- When you configure replication from VMware IntelliSnap backups, failback operations are only supported if the IntelliSnap configuration uses the Virtual Server Agent Snap engine. Failback operations are not supported if you use a hardware snapshot engine, regardless of whether the replication operation is performed from a snap copy or a backup copy.
- For destination hypervisors that support failback but not failover groups, perform this operation from the Replication Monitor.
- From the navigation pane, go to Disaster recovery > Replication.
The Replication groups page appears.
- On the Failover groups tab, in the Name column, click a failover group.
The failover group page appears.
- In the upper-right area of the page, click the action button , and then select Failback.
A message appears that asks if you want to perform a failback operation.
- Click Yes.
Last modified: 10/28/2020 7:33:21 PM