Adding an Additional Server for File System
You can add an additional server to your Commvault solution to replace an existing server or to help reduce the load on existing servers.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > File Servers.
The File Servers page appears.
- In the Servers area, click Add server > Add Windows/UNIX File Server.
The Add file server dialog box appears.
- In the Host Name box, type the host name of the server.
- In the User name and Password boxes, type the credentials for the server.
Note: The software pre-populates these parameters with the credentials that you used to access the Command Center.
- To specify the operating system, click Windows or Unix and Linux.
- Optional: In the Installation location box, enter the installation location path.
- To reboot the servers in the server group after the installation, move the Reboot if required toggle key to the right.
- Click Install.
The software is installed on the server. If you chose the interactive option, you are taken to Web Console to complete the installation.
Last modified: 1/13/2021 9:19:37 PM