Adding User Permissions to an Application
You must add user permissions to an application to allow other users to view and interact with an application.
Consider the following requirements when you assign permissions to end users:
- End users require only the Access App permission if there are no reports or underlying tables on the application pages.
- If an application page points to an underlying table, then assign the Access Records permission to the end user in the Security dialog box for that table. For instructions, see Adding User Permissions to a Table.
- If the page includes a report, then add the user to the list of Selected Users for that report. For instructions, see Configuring Report Security.
Before You Begin
- From the navigation pane, click Developer Tools.
The Developer tools page appears.
- Click Apps.
The Apps page appears.
- Under Name, click the application that you created.
The application page appears.
- In the Security section, click Edit.
The Security dialog box appears.
- In the Enter Username, Email Address or Group Name(s) box, type a user name, email address, or user group name.
- From the Permissions list, select a permission:
- To allow users to interact with the application, select Access App.
- To allow users to change the configuration settings in the application, select Change App Schema.
- To allow users to change the permissions for the application, select Change Security Settings.
- To allow users to view the application in the list on the Apps page, select View.
- Click Update.
Last modified: 3/12/2019 8:16:54 PM